Monday, April 2, 2018

Video Production

The latest assignment that I have ben asked to complete for my Master's class was a video production task.  My cohorts and I were asked to plan and produce a video that helped relay a message to a certain audience.  As with other projects in course, the assignment was broke into stages.  We had a couple of weeks to set a purpose, create a storyboard, and film and edit a video. 

I am a planner.  I enjoy the planning stage of most anything (vacation, a project, a party, etc.) almost more than the activity itself.  I have experience with storyboards.  This stage of the process enjoyable for me.

The actual production of the video was much more of a challenge for me.  First of all, finding time to stage and tape was an obstacle.  I had a very hard time getting the sound to the quality that I felt comfortable with.  I tried several different tools (iPhone in the pocket, ear buds with a mic, and an echo phone) but I was still not happy.  I decided to be creative and make a video of stills instead.

I was confident that I was still portraying a meaningful message.  I decided the lack of action video was out weighed by the emotion if the images and the music that I chose to accompany it.  This is also a more manageable project for me to use with my 4th graders than a live video would be. 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family. corporate video makers in bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Video Production

The latest assignment that I have ben asked to complete for my Master's class was a video production task.  My cohorts and I were asked ...