Sunday, January 28, 2018

Digital Photography




This semester, I start two new courses.  One of those is centered around planning and producing instructional media.  Our first assignment challenged us to look at the way we view and take photographs differently.  Personally, the most challenging aspect of this assignment was putting all of the pieces together.  We were asked to look for the Principles of Photographic Literacy while we were searched for stills that represented some of our personality traits.  I tried hard to use naturally occurring scenes for my stills, which got a little tricky when incorporating the Principles as well. 


As I reflect on the process I went through during this assignment, I would definitely read the entire assignment before I began taking pictures.  I was GUNG HO.....immediately taking pictures that exemplified the Principles of Photographic Literacy.  Unfortunately, none of them met the criteria for the second half of the assignment :(




        


I would have found it beneficial if I would have been exposed to some digital photography editing programs beforehand.  I used what I was comfortable with, iPhoto, but I know there are other options that may have given me some more options. 





To the future Cohort Members:  HAVE FUN!!!!  Sometimes we get lost in the hustle and bustle of life.  We don't take time to stop and smell the roses.  This assignment had it's learning goals but it is also exhilarating!  Use this opportunity to look closely at the parts of our lives that create beauty.  Use these things as inspiration for relaying a message or telling a story. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Production

The latest assignment that I have ben asked to complete for my Master's class was a video production task.  My cohorts and I were asked ...