Wednesday, February 7, 2018

It's all in a NAME

The old saying states that a picture is worth a 1000 words......so why do I need to literally put WORDS on my photos?????  Well, for one, that was the assignment that I was asked to complete.  Unfortunately, I am THAT student who doesn't just do things because I am asked to do them.  I try to find meaning and PURPOSE in everything I do.  And for this task, this is what I came up with.....



A photographer can take pictures for many different reasons.  Just like authors, their work can persuade, inform, or entertain.  If I put that together with the fact that a picture is worth a 1000 words, it became obvious that although my photos had a clear message to me, they could be interpreted very differently depending on the audience.  The words that I chose to describe me and the photos I chose to illustrate them made perfect sense to me.  By titling the photos effectively, I gave the audience very little room to image any other purpose for my art.  

Now that I understood my purpose, I needed to execute my titling effectively.  I considered fonts, color schemes, placement, and effects when creating a title for each of my photos.  For each one, I thought I had it nailed from the start...."This is a piece of cake!"  Ummm.....not so much!  I tweaked and edited and polished over and over until I felt the title reflected the word meaning to ME.  My words are HELPFUL and CREATIVE.  I wanted to make sure that the viewer knew what those words meant to me in particular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Production

The latest assignment that I have ben asked to complete for my Master's class was a video production task.  My cohorts and I were asked ...